LIGHTENING THERAPY (Pigmentation & Melasma)
INGREDIENTS : Ascorbic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Tranexamic Acid…
SIZE : 5 x 10ml
COMPOSITION – 10ml
Kojic Acid 4% -Azelaic acid 4% -Tranexamic acid 1.2% -L-ascorbic Acid 1G and Water for injection.
This is a treatment designed for Mesotherapy to eliminate cutaneous hyperpigmentation.
Kojic Acid – (5-hydroxy-2-[hydroxymethyl]-4-pyrone), A fungal metabolic product, kojic acid inhibits the catecholase activity of tyrosinase, which is the rate-limiting, essential enzyme in the biosynthesis of the skin pigment melanin.
Melanocytes treated with kojic acid become nondendritic, with an decreased melanin content. Additionally, it scavenges reactive oxygen species released excessively from cells or generated in tissue or blood.
L-ascorbic Acid -Act as reducing agents on melanin intermediates. It blocks the oxidative chain reaction from tyrosine/dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) to melanin at various points.
Azelaic Acid – Reduces pigmentation: it is particularly useful for darker-skinned patients, who have melasma, or whose acne spots leave persistent brown marks known as actinic lentigenes .Since azelaic acid has not been well studied in patients with dark complexions, these patients should be monitored for early signs of pigmentation.
Tranexamic Acid – An innovative whitening ingredient, in a highly concentrated formulation that target for preventing the production of melanin, lightening pigmentation and gradually minimizing the area of liver spots caused by sun exposure. It helps to restore damaged skin caused by UVA/UVB, pollution or other environmental factors. This antiinflammatory effect also helps to enhance the whitening result that will effectively improve skin complexion and the problem of discoloration
- Draw 2cc of MesoAge Lightening Therapy
- Add 2cc of Silicium for oily skin or Hyaluronic acid 1% NCL for dry skin depend on surface to be treated
- Inject 1 – 2 mm deep in the area that has pigmentation or melasma, using the nappage or intradermic injection technique
- Use a 30G or 32G 4mm Needle for injection. The 1mm derma roller may also be used
- A weekly session is recommended until desired result is achieved. Depending on the pigmentation, it may take several sessions before a significant difference is noted
- During the treatment phase, patients should avoid the sun and always apply 30+ sunscreen to decrease the likelihood of further pigment changes induced by UV light
- This treatment may increase sensitivity to UV radiation and that sunscreen application is a MUST